What to Do in a Criminal Emergency
If you witness a violent crime or criminal behavior:
• If the crime is still in progress, call 911.
• Notify Campus Security immediately at 301-366-3105.
• Do not attempt to apprehend or interfere with the criminal except in case of self-protection.
• If safe to do so, stop and take time to get a good description of the criminal. If the criminal is entering a vehicle, note the license number, make, model and color.
It is important to give as much information as possible, so be prepared to give the following information and remain available to assist officers by supplying them any additional information available.
1. Your name
2. Location of incident
3. Nature of incident
4. Number of persons involved
5. Descriptions of person(s) involved
6. Description of vehicle involved
7. Descriptions of property involved
Rape and Sexual Assault
Whether the victim intends to press charges or not, it is strongly recommended that rape or attempted rape or sexual assault be reported. All assaults and sexual assaults are to be reported to the Associate Dean of the Seminary (who will keep the Dean informed). The victim will be informed at the time of the assault of the right to file criminal charges with the Prince George's County Police Department. The nearest hospital equipped with the Maryland State Police Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit is the Sexual Assault Center of Prince George's General Hospital:
Campus personnel will provide full and prompt cooperation in obtaining appropriate medial attention including transporting the victim to Prince George's General Hospital. Counseling of the victim is available through the counseling department of Capital Bible Seminary.
Sexual Assault Center, Prince George's Hospital Center
3001 Hospital Drive, Cheverly, MD 20785