|CBS Course Schedules|
|CBS Syllabi |
CBS Academic Affairs
Dr. Gary Bredfeldt
Best by appointment
Capital Bible Seminary
The educational philosophy of Capital Bible Seminary is marked by three distinctives.
Capital Bible Seminary is dedicated to prepare our students for effective Christian service and leadership so that they can serve locally or in the mission field. Our core values reflect this mission.
- The Seminary is a Bible seminary; the Bible is the heart of the curriculum, in contrast to a program that is essentially philosophical or sociological. The absolute inerrancy and authority of the Scriptures are paramount. Because we emphasize the primacy of the Word, we believe that the tools of exegesis, including knowledge of Greek and Hebrew, are essential in preparing students for the ministry so that they may become capable expositors of the Word of God.
- The doctrinal distinctives of the Seminary, rooted in a proper exegesis of the Scriptures, are regarded as absolutes. They are upheld as such by the faculty and communicated clearly to each student.
- We are aware that teaching sound doctrine alone is not enough. This doctrine must be translated into practical Christian service. Recognizing the limitations of a primarily academic setting, we believe that it is imperative for students to be involved in practical “hands-on” ministry to complement their seminary studies.
- Biblical Truth: To assist students in the acquisition of a thorough knowledge of the Bible and exegetical skills needed for lifelong ministry.
- Academic Excellence: To develop academic excellence by promoting mastery of subject matter, critical thinking, proper use and evaluation of resource material, and clear, logical written and oral expression of ideas.
- Spiritual Development: To nurture in students a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ, applied in godly character and service.
- Relational Development: To facilitate edifying relationships within the diverse seminary community in order to prepare students for building healthy relationships in a constantly changing world.
- Preparation for Service: To prepare students for effective vocational Christian service and leadership in a multicultural world.
Capital Bible Seminary offers its graduate level programs at the main campus in Greenbelt, MD and the Virginia Extension in Springfield, VA.